Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mom's Day

Today has been a perfect first mother's day. It all started when the Lord gave me the gift of sleep! Blake slept for almost 5 hours last night!!! It was amazing!

 And of course I love that there is another holiday where I get gifts! :) Today Tom made me cinnamon rolls and showered me with presents and encouragement.

The wrapping leaves much to be desired but the gifts inside were wonderful and greatly appreciated! Plus let's be honest I'm lucky Tom even wrapped my gift at all...usually it comes wrapped around the shopping bag he bought it in! Don't be fooled I didn't get anything from Bath and Body Works, that just happened to be the only bag Tom could find...and apparently he couldn't find tissue paper either!!



We spent the rest of the morning/afternoon at church, firehouse subs (where I got a free sub just for being a mom), and on a walk.


I know I have only been a mom for almost 7 weeks now but I love it! I am so thankful that the Lord chose me to be Blake's mom and I hope that I am able to raise him in a home where he not only hears the gospel but sees it lived out in front of him. Which leads me to my mom!


I am so lucky to have such a wonderful example of a godly woman who loves her children with an unconditional grace filled love. She really is the best mom ever and I mean it when I say I hope I grow up to be just like her! Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Okay you are making me cry! I love being your mom and I pray that my life is one that does allow others to see the gospel at work. Love you!

    ReplyDelete